Wednesday, February 15, 2012

As You Like It Act III

Orlando: "He is drowned in the brook: look but in, and you shall see him."
Jaques: "There I shall see mine own figure."
Orlando: "Which I take to be either a foor or a cipher."

While I was rather disappointed in the humor, or lack thereof, contained in this "comedy," some small quotes were rather witty. I thought that some of the phrases or comebacks they had were funny. This was one part that I found funny. Jaques was confused when Orlando told him where he could find a fool, but Orlando was implying it was him. I thought this was funny because it was rather short but it was making fun of someone and he did not realize it right away. The small details that probably are insignificant to the overall plot seemed to be the funniest to me. The play as a whole was a let down because I was expecting a more humorous storyline, but maybe the term comedy was vague. The small details and conversations seemed to have the most humor. I also found humor in everyone falling in love with people and having an eight person wedding. This did not happen until the end, however. The play was rather slow to get going. I felt like nothing significant happened in the first three acts, but the details ended up contributing to the conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment