Thursday, February 2, 2012

Act IV- Almost Busted

"With naught but truth. I have wasted myself out of my
means. The jewels you have had from me to deliver to Desdomona
would half have corrupted a votarist. You have told me she hath re-
ceived them, and returned me expectations and comforts of sudden
respect and acquaintance, but I find none." IVii 184-188

This scene had me in great anticipation. I thought someone finally was going to catch all of Iago's lies. This made me think that the situation was going to resolve itself. But then again, that would not be a typical Shakespeare tragedy. I was glad that someone was finally begin to notice who Iago really was. Then, Iago is able to manipulate his way out of trouble again. He convinces Roderigo to do something that he is supposed to do for Othello. Basically Roderigo is going to do Iago's dirty work. Iago is a very persistent man. Somehow he is able to keep causing drama that benefits him without other people catching him. Everyone trusts Iago as an honest character because of the facade he puts on when in reality he is a conniving jerk. He never even says he is sorry or gives a good excuse for all of his lies. I think he gets a rush from the way he creates all these issues and lies and tries to avoid getting caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment