Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Othello- Acts I,II,III (Iago)

"Did Michael Cassie, when you wooed my lady,
Know of your love?"
Iago IIIiii 95, 96

I would like to discuss my feelings regarding Iago. I do not like him. To me, he has the characteristics of a teenage girl. He seems to bring on drama. He likes to create drama and be a part of it. People say that teenage girls are drama queens, but he is a drama queen. He starts rumors. He manipulates people to do things that will benefit him. He makes it seem like he is helping them when in reality he is hurting them. He is also super two-faced. He acts completely different among different people. When he talks in his soliloquies, he tells how he really feels. He also reveals his true motivations. This is the only time we can trust him. Even then it is hard for me. I think he is very selfish, especially when he decides he also like Desdemona after Cassio and Roderigo both do. Iago tries to pit people against each other to create more drama. He seems to fabricate exaggerate situations to skew them in a way that he can manipulate people to make a fool of themselves. He is like a girl in that he is always looking for drama and is very two faced.

2 comments:

  1. "I would like to discuss my feelings regarding Iago. I do not like him."

    Your opinion is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan you just like to start drama.

    ReplyDelete